Certification according to EN standard
• Outdoor Equipment in accordance with EN 1176-1 -EN 1176-11
• Indoor playground equipment in accordance with EN 1176-10
• Airbags according to EN 14960
• Skate jobs according to EN 14974
• Outdoor Fitness Equipment in accordance with EN
• Water slides according to EN 1069
• Playground equipment according to RD 2001 on safety playground
• Playgrounds according to RD 2001 on safety of playgrounds
• Play Reasons according Warenwetbesluit attractions and playground equipment
• Apparatus according to the RD for active recreation events such Wip-outs, dead rides, climbing walls, etc
• Units under extreme entertainment events such as bungee jump
• Indoor and outdoor playground
• Skate Jobs
• Fitness Equipment
Certification and periodic monitoring are
performed according to the regulations of the country:
In Belgium, risk analyzes
according to the Royal Decree (RD):
• RD on playground safety
• Royal Decree concerning safety of playgrounds
• Royal Decree concerning the regulation of the organization of active recreation events
• Royal Decree concerning the regulation of the organization of extreme entertainment events
TÜV SÜD Benelux is accredited as inspection body by Belac.
In the Netherlands, the inspections are carried out in accordance with the Commodities Act Attractions and Play (WAS).
If a play is built once, a test piece for certification will be performed.
For certification of playground equipment intended as series production runs a type certification.
TÜV SÜD Benelux is designated by the Health Ministry inspection body for playground equipment.
In France certification or periodical inspection be carried out according to Arret.
All play equipment which differ according to the European standard must have a certificate that is issued by a designated inspection body.
Example certification indoor playground and play equipment that do not fully comply with the EN 1176.
TÜV SÜD Benelux is a designated inspection body by Ministre de l'intérieur, de l'outre-mer et des collectivites Territorials.
Other European countries
European standard EN 1176 is increasingly adopted by the CEN committee. CEN members are required to adhere to the
Internal Regulations of CEN / CENELEC which stipulate the conditions for giving this European Standard without any alteration must be given the status of a national standard.
Certificates TÜV SÜD Benelux be accepted in the countries which are members of CEN.
• Playgrounds: explanation certification playground
• Tents certification according to EN 13782
• Inspection of tents after initial set-up on site
• Periodic inspection of tents on the site
• Re-examination after modification / repair